At WWJS we place a high priority on safeguarding all the children in our care. We have a team of Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs). If you ever have a concern about a child, a family or would like to discuss an incident, please speak to one of our team.
All our staff receive regular safeguarding training, and we try our best to help and support families and signpost them to other agencies if extra assistance is needed.
Our DSLs responsibilities can include:
|• Responding to any safeguarding concerns
• Liaising with social care and any other agencies
• Talking to parents when needed
• Updating chronologies and records for safeguarding reports
• Leading on staff training
• Meeting weekly to share information to ensure safeguarding is secure
• Attending half termly safeguarding meetings, the agenda for these include updating cases, action taken, review practice, reflect trends and any lessons learnt
• Attending local authority updates
• Updating schools on our safeguarding policy